Sugar Cookies
1 C. butter
2 C. sugar
6 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
5 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in a seperate bowl. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Bake only until bottom of cookies are slightly brown. Makes 5-6 dozen.
Butter Cream Frosting
1/3 C. butter
4 C. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. milk
(food coloring optional)
Cream butter, add other ingredients except milk. Slowly add milk until frosting is the consistency you want.
1 C. butter
2 C. sugar
6 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
5 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in a seperate bowl. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Bake only until bottom of cookies are slightly brown. Makes 5-6 dozen.
Butter Cream Frosting
1/3 C. butter
4 C. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 C. milk
(food coloring optional)
Cream butter, add other ingredients except milk. Slowly add milk until frosting is the consistency you want.
Here is a picture of our cookies from last Easter; I simply put my frosting in a Ziploc bag, cut off the corner and went to town! At Christmas we kept it simple and frosted them solid colors.
8 comments:
MMMMMMmmmmmm....they look so yummy!! Did you make Jeff some choc. chip ones that were like Mrs Fields when he was on his mission?
Okay those Easter ones are adorable! I am sooo impressed! I am totaly going to try the recipe out for Valentines day! :)
Kim-good memory! I sure did! We still use that recipe-it's our favorite one for chocolate chip cookies. Maybe I'll have to post that soon!
oohhh those look tasty - we might have to give them a try!
I'm in need of a GOOD sugar cookie recipe. Mine never turn out right!!! I'm going to give these a try...if they don't work...then it's me - Chef Angie. LOL.
Oh it won't let me copy/paste it...can you email it?
Heather, I would love for you to post the choc chip one anytime :) They were really, really good. I was surprised he shared.
OH MAAAAAN... I want some right now! Those look so darn good!
Post a Comment