Often people (you know, home/visiting teachers, friends, family) ask us how we are doing, and well, we are always "fine". It's so boring to always tell people that we are just fine, but I know that that means that life is good. I'm always grateful that we don't have anything major going on in our lives. Don't get me wrong, we have our stresses and our worries just like anyone else out there, but we don't have any large trials in our lives. (Lord, I don't need any right now either-please.) It doesn't take long on my computer, and my 'blog-surfing' to realize just how blessed our lives are. I have found two blogs out there that just break my heart. The first is
here and is about a family who lost their first/only child very unexpectedly only 3 months ago. Every time I read it I just want to scoop up my kids and hold them tightly, and kiss their beautiful faces. The other blog is
here. This blog is written by a young lady who was in a terrible plane crash almost a year ago with her husband and a flight instructor. The instructor died, and the husband and wife were critically injured and were extremely burned. I can't imagine going through a trial like theirs. She is very faithful and it is clear that her faith in The Lord is what is getting her through each day. I just can't imagine how hard it would be to struggle caring for your family (of 6) as well as trying to heal from the large amounts of burns that now cover her body. So while our simple little lives here may be boring, and my biggest worries include when/how to get my house clean, or getting the bills payed, then I know that we are indeed VERY BLESSED!!!
5 comments:
isn't that the truth.
I love my boring life!!
Amen!
Thanks for sharing your testimony - we don't get to hear it that often and we enjoy it! (and we think your life is FAR from Boring - it definitely has some adventure!)
I have read the NieNie blog, but I had never heard Maddie's story. Oh, I hate hearing stories like that, but you're right, it makes me feel so blessed. It makes me re-think my morning of coke spilled on white carpet, a poopy diaper explosion, and a girl who changed outfits three times before noon. Perpective is good.
Post a Comment