Monday, July 7, 2008

Annual 4th of July Events

Every year Jeff's family has an annual family camping trip over the 4th of July. We go camping together and enjoy the Oakley Rodeo. I've been going with them since Jeff and I were dating (making it about 14 years or so). This family tradition has been going on for many, many years. My girls always look forward to this weekend with their cousins. This weekend was just as fun as many of the others we've had. The highlights included a scavenger hunt for the little kids, throwing pop-its, a special visit from some second-cousins from out of town, making ice cream, a trip to the rodeo complete with a fireworks show, staying up untill 2 a.m. talking around the camp fire, and of course playing in the dirt! We were exhausted and dirty by the time we came home but we had a great time! The girls already can't wait for next year!

Throwing pop-its

Scavenger Hunt
Making ice cream
The Oakley Rodeo

1 comment:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

It sure was fun this year! I enjoyed it so much I was ready to stay another day (crazy).